Pineapple Meatball Skewers
- 18 frozen prepared meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple chunks (1/2 inch/1 cm thick)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sweet pepper chunks (green, red or yellow)
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) pineapple or plum sauce (approx)
- 4 Wonderbread Simply Free hotdog buns
Thread 3 meatballs, pineapple chunks and pepper chunks alternately onto each of six 6-inch (15 cm) soaked wooden skewers. Brush each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) pineapple sauce.
Place skewers on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until heated through, 4 to 6 minutes. Brush with more sauce if desired.
Place skewer onto buns; grab and pull to remove skewer.
• Tip: Use any frozen cooked meatballs, such as Swedish or Italian. Thaw in microwave for a minute or two. Get the kids to help make the skewers. For grown-up palates, add sweet onion pieces or small mushrooms.