Sausages with Fresh Mango Relish
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) diced firm ripe peeled mango
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced (unpeeled) English cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced tomato
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onion powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey or granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 sausages or wieners
- 8 Wonderbread Simply Free hotdog buns
In bowl, combine mango, cucumber, tomato, red pepper, onion and garlic powders, and salt to taste. Stir in lime juice, honey and oil. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours; drain before serving.)
Place sausages on greased grill over medium heat; clove cover and grill until lightly browned and cooked through. Toast buns if desired; place sausage on bun. Top each with 1/4 cup (50 mL) mango relish.
• Tips: For more grown-up palates, add 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced sweet onion or green onion. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped cilantro and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin. If desired. Replace tomatoes with roasted red pepper.